Dambusters Helicopter Tour
Regular Price: £179
Now only: £149
- Welcome and introductory briefing.
- Enjoy a 30 minute flight in a Bell 206 Jet Ranger helicopter.
- Follow the Derwent Valley training route used by 617 Squadron, the Dambusters, taking in the beautiful countryside along the way.
- Note: Flying time is from engines on to engines off and actual airborne time will be slightly less than 30 minutes.
What happens on the day?
During WWII, deep in the depths of Derbyshire, the Lancaster crews of 617 Squadron were in training. The Derwent valley of their homeland became for all intents and purposes the Ruhr Valley in Germany as they prepared for a top secret mission. Seated in a unique Bell 206 Jet Ranger helicopter, relive their daring raid (in Derbyshire, not Germany) as you soar over green pastures and deep reservoirs. Ideal for lovers of beautiful countryside, history and helicopters.
Your flight will last for an exhilarating 30 minutes (approx.), during which time you will have the chance to take in all areas of interest along the way. Take in the beautiful Peak District as you head to the Derwent Valley, the training ground for the RAF during World War II. Cameras are a must on this tour as there is just so much to see!
What else do I need to know?
- Your voucher is valid for 10 months for 1 person.
- Pre-booking is essential and dates are subject to availability
- Flights are once per month at weekends, from March to November.
- Maximum weight is 18 stone.
- Minimum age 6 years, children are required to have their own seat.
- Cancellation at short notice is possible due to poor weather conditions (another date will be arranged).
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away from the venue.
- No commentary is provided during the flight.
- Spectators are welcome to watch you take off.
- If you have any queries about disabled passengers, please feel free to contact us.
Where can I do it?
North East: South Yorkshire (Sheffield)