Helicopter Trial Lesson Away Day
- Pre and post flight ground briefings.
- Spend 2 hours in the air, split into 2-3 sessions.
- Learn how to fly and take the controls.
- Certificate presentation to finish.
- Lessons normally held in a dual control Robinson R22 helicopter.
- Ideal for anyone considering obtaining their Private Pilots Licence.
What happens on the day?
The perfect package for budding helicopter pilots: 2 hour long lessons to get you started on the road to your very own licence, or just an epic day out for the flight-hungry. Your day will begin with an in depth, pre flight briefing, covering all the essential know how from flight controls to the very physics that get the helicopter in the air.
Your flight time will take place in 2 or 3 sessions, with an experienced instructor alongside. You’ll be whizzing around in no time, and descend with 2 flight hours safely logged against your licence. Only 43 more to go!
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for 1 person.
- You must pre-book a date for your experience.
- Tuition is usually in a Robinson R22 Beta.
- All training helicopters have dual controls so the instructor can safely demonstrate and monitor the handling of the aircraft.
- Please note this experience is available week round at the Wellsbourne, Wycombe, Denham, Silverstone, Thruxton, Fairoaks, Gloucester, Manchester and Cumbernauld locations.
- Maximum weight is 17 stone, Minimum height is 5 foot.
- Lunch is not provided, you will need to bring your own food.
- All dates are subject to availability
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Leicestershire (Costock)
Midlands: Warwickshire (Wellesbourne)
North West: Greater Manchester (Eccles)
Scotland: Lanarkshire (Cumbernauld)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Denham)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Marlow)
South East: Hampshire (Andover)
South West: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham)