O'Neill Full Day Surfing
- Beginning at 9:30 am you will change into your wetsuit and grab a board.
- Before hitting the water you will receive a 20 minute lesson on the basics of surfing.
- Your first session in the water will last around 2 hours.
- At 12:30 pm you'll break for lunch (price not included).
- At 2 pm you'll have another lesson on the sand before heading back to the water.
- At 4:30 pm the day will end with a certificate presentation.
- All lessons will be tailored to your ability.
What happens on the day?
Take to the water at choppy Newquay for a great days surfing. Enjoy a day on the coast, learning all you need to get started, before hitting the waves with your first steps into the exciting world of surfing.
Head to the beach for a 09:30 start, as you are handed a wetsuit and surfboard and you get your first safety lesson, learning the principles of surfing and how to master the waves. You’ll be shown how to paddle out into the water and choose the wave that will give you maximum surfing satisfaction, with coaches on hand to fish you back out of the water and explain where you went wrong.
After a few frustrating duckings, you'll start to mater the skills needed to remain on board and will begin to judge the waves to take on and those to avoid. You’ll then pause for a break, allowing you to experience dry land again and get a bite for lunch before some more coaching. Head back out into the water to meet the surf, before it's time to call time on the day’s activities, taking home a certificate to show for your first steps into surfing.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for one person.
- Available March – December.
- You will need to bring warm clothes, a towel, suncream, money for lunch or your own food.
- Min age - 8 years (under 16's will need consent and for the parent to stay in the bay).
- There is no maximum weight/height.
- Competent swimming is necessary.
- This is weather dependent.
- All rules must be followed.
- If intoxicated you will not be allowed to take part.
- A medical declaration must be signed.
- The supplier accepts no responsibility for loss of personal items.
Where can I do it?
South West: Cornwall (Newquay)
- Marvellous GiftReview by Gemma, Nottingham