- An introduction to scuba diving will kick start your lesson.
- Learn the basic principles of this sport with your PADI instructor.
- Once in the water you'll spend time learning how to swim and breathe with your equipment.
- Your lesson will progress as your confidence builds.
- All equipment will be provided.
- No previous scuba experience is needed.
What happens on the day?
During your lesson you’ll both familiarise yourselves with the scuba equipment and learn basic safety, as well as manoeuvres under the water, breathing skills, and other mobility techniques to get the most control of direction and force under the water without excessive exertion. The unusual feeling of weightlessness adds an element of surrealism to it all, but you’re in good hands with your trained PADI instructor.
This experience for two begins with a poolside briefing. This goes over the basic principles of scuba diving and the safety aspects involved. You will discuss what you hope to achieve from the lesson and any other queries. Then you’ll both be kitted out and it’s into the water to learn how to manage the equipment. All scuba gear is provided and all you will need is a swimming costume and a towel.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for 2 people.
- Available weekdays and weekends depending on location. Please note the Nottingham location dives are available every other Saturday. At the Ipswich location, times are: 10AM-12PM and 3PM-5PM (Mon, Thu and Fri) and 9AM-11AM (Sat).
- Min age - 12 years
- You must be able to swim.
- A swimming costume and towel are required.
- A medical declaration will need to be signed prior to taking part.
- Some locations do not allow those aged over 45 years or with a history of heart problems in the family to take part (please check prior to booking).
- Time in the pool is around 90 minutes with a 30 minute poolside briefing.
- At the Essex location there is a 30 minute briefing and 60 minutes of pool time.
- At the Ipswich location, the briefing lasts 60 minutes and time in the water is 60 minutes.
- At the Berkshire, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire locations the briefing is 45 minutes and the water session 45 to 60 minutes.
- At the Hertfordshire location the session lasts 2 hours with approx. 40 minutes in the pool.
Where can I do it?
East: Essex (Loughton)
East: Hertfordshire (Hertford)
East: Norfolk (Norwich)
East: Suffolk (Ipswich)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Derby)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Ilkeston)
Midlands: Nottinghamshire (Nottingham)
North East: South Yorkshire (Barnsley)
North East: South Yorkshire (Sheffield)
North West: Lancashire (Preston)
South East: Berkshire
South East: Berkshire (Crowthorne)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Amersham)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury)
South East: Hampshire (Farnborough)
South East: Kent (Snodland)
South East: Surrey (Cranleigh)