20 Minute Tiger Moth Flight
Regular Price: £217
Now only: £179
- A 20 minute exhilarating Tiger Moth flight.
- You'll be given flying goggles and jacket to wear/
- Enjoy a fantastic flight in a vintage open cab aircraft.
- The aircraft are dual controlled so you can take control if you wish.
What happens on the day?
Rediscover the real magic of flying by enjoying a great 20-minute flight on a dual controlled Tiger Moth. With its classical timeless design, the Tiger Moth looks the part and lives up to its billing as a well preserved flying machine.
Take a step back in time under the guidance of an experienced instructor who will provide you with a safety briefing before things become practical. Step inside the aircraft, and marvel at the engineering design that has stood the test of time while the propellers prepare you for lift off.
After reaching a cruising height it's your turn to get hands on, taking on the controls and getting familiar with some of the moves that make the Tiger Moth an essential aircraft at any air show. Enjoy feeling the aircraft tilt, dip and manage the weather conditions. With your pilot taking over the controls again, it's time to return to base and pose for some pictures, complete in your Biggles outfit of goggles, helmet and scarf.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Available March - October inclusive, except at the Gloucestershire venue which is open all year round.
- Shoreham runs Sundays only.
- At West Sussex the min age is 16 years, there is no min age at other locations.
- Min height - 4’11", Max weight - 16 stone.
- You should be agile as embarking and disembarking is difficult and requires flexibility.
- Not suitable for those who are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy, fits, severe head injuries, recurrent fainting, giddiness or blackouts, high blood pressure, or heart conditions.
- Please note that the aircraft used at the Gloucestershire location (Staverton) is a Stampe SV4c which is virtually identical to a Tiger Moth.
- The flight time may be chock to chock.
- Due to the age of these aircraft, locations may be subject to change during the year.
Where can I do it?
East: Cambridgeshire (Duxford)
East: Cambridgeshire (Peterborough)
South East: Surrey (Redhill)
South East: West Sussex (Shoreham)
South West: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham)
- Great ExperienceReview by Herr Pierre, Gloucester
- Great DayReview by Helen, Kent
Location: Rochester airport
- A fabulous day!Review by Duncan Gainsborough, Hastings, East Sussex
Location: Shoreham, West Sussex
Write Your Own Review
- I am thinking of buying this as a suprise for my son's 40th birthday, but would like to know what would happen if he booked a date but it had to be cancelled due to bad weather. Also, should he not want to go, is it transferable?
- If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather then another date will be arranged with your son. If he decides that this experience is not for him then he is free to exchange the voucher for another experience.
- Is there a minimum height requirement?
- There is no minimum height requirement for this experience, only a minimum age of 12 years.
- I would like to fly in a Tiger Moth but I am 20 stone. Can you help?
- I'm afraid the maximum weight for all of the Tiger Moth experiences that we offer is 16 stones and the flight schools are very strict regarding maximum weights.