40 Minute Tiger Moth Flying Lesson
Regular Price: £339
Now only: £289
- A thrilling experience in a vintage open cockpit Tiger Moth.
- Enjoy a 40 minute flight.
- You'll be kitted out in helmet, headset and flying jacket.
- Take control of the aircraft yourself.
- Certificate presentation.
What happens on the day?
The golden age of aviation lives again with each flight of the Tiger Moth. Seated in the open cab, and kitted out in jacket and goggles, you’ll feel like a hero from an old war movie as you take flight.
One time favoured training craft of the RAF, this is your opportunity to discover how great it feels to fly this aircraft. Of course, should you prefer to just sit back and take it all in, we won’t call you crazy. See what this bi-plane can really do and don’t come back for 40 minutes!
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Flights run all year round at the Gloucestershire location except New Year's Day, Boxing Day and Christmas Day.
- No minimum age restrictions except at West Sussex, which is 16 years.
- Min. height 4'11", max. height 6'4", max. weight 16 stone.
- The Gloucestershire venue uses a Stampe SV4c, almost identical to a Tiger Moth.
- Participants that are diabetic may need to present a medical certificate on the day.
- Aircraft have dual controls and you will be led by an experienced instructor.
- This experience is not suitable for those who are pregnant or suffer from blackouts, dizziness, fainting, epilepsy, fits, head injuries, heart conditions or high blood pressure.
- Those with diabetes may need to produce a medical certificate.
- Participants who are disabled are welcome - please check when booking.
- Cameras are not allowed in the cockpit of the plane for safety reasons.
- Spectators are welcome.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your booked flight time.
- Locations may change during the year due to the age of the planes.
Where can I do it?
East: Cambridgeshire (Duxford)
East: Cambridgeshire (Peterborough)
South East: West Sussex (Shoreham)
South West: Devon (Umberleigh)
South West: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham)