Tank Driving Experience
- Drive a Chieftain Main Battle tank, Abbott SPG, Armoured Personnel Carrier and Quad Bike.
- Commemorative Certificate.
- Facilities on site include toilets, an undercover picnic area with benches and also a fire to keep you warm on those cold and wet winter days!
- Please allow 3 1/2 hours for this experience.
What happens on the day?
This is a half day experience like no other as you take the controls of one military vehicle after another from the agile quad bike to the mighty Chieftain battle tank. You’ll be talked through the whole thing by experienced instructors, some of whom are veterans and perfectly placed to brief and train you in time honoured fashion.
A demanding obstacle course will test your abilities as will driving a Self-propelled Field Gun and Armoured Personnel Carrier. Each vehicle is unique but equally demanding, presenting you with the full spectrum of military ingenuity.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Dates must be booked in advance.
- Available selected Saturdays only from Feb - Oct, start times of 9am or 1pm.
- Dress for cold, muddy and wet conditions!
- In the event of mechanical failure a reserve vehicle may be used.
- Maximum Chest Size: 50 inches.
- Minimum Age: 16 years.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Spectators are welcome for a fee paid on the day of £10 (free for those under 10) and entitles spectators to a tank ride and tea/coffee.
Where can I do it?
South East: Hampshire (Winchester)
- Top day outReview by Mark, Worthing
- Awesome Tank DrivingReview by Dan, Gloucestershire
- What do you Buy Dad ?Review by David Ings, Salisbury
- Size problems!Review by Alan Book, Bath
- THE BIG 50 PRESENTReview by Rod West, Newbury
Location: Winchester Hampshire
- Brought out the kid in himReview by Pamela Giles, Bournemouth
- What do you buy a man who has everythingReview by Rose Hiles, Bristol
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Write Your Own Review
- Can we bring spectators with us?
- Spectators are welcome for an extra £10 per person, which is payable on the day.