Railway Behind the Scenes Day
- Arrive at 9:30am.
- Enjoy welcome drinks on arrival at the Tenterden buffet.
- First thing on the agenda is a tour of the Carriage & Wagon shed where restoration work is taking place.
- Then hop aboard the 10.40am express to Tenterden.
- You'll stop at Rolvenden to tour the site including the loco shed and signal box.
- The 11.42 ex Bodiam from Rolvenden will arrive and you will see it being watered.
- Once back at Tenterden you'll enjoy lunch in the restaurant.
- Tour the Colonel Stephen's museum.
- Enjoy a 21 mile round trip on the 2:20pm from Tenterden.
- Once back at the station there will be a de-brief and a final cup of tea before the day ends at 4:45pm.
What happens on the day?
Enjoy a full day touring the Kent and East Sussex Railway - included is lunch and a 21-mile round trip on the railway. A fun day out for any enthusiast!
Experiences start at 09:30, where you’ll meet for a safety briefing and beverages at the Tenterden buffet. Excited fanatics will then head to Carriage & Wagon shed to visit dedicated craftsmen at work on the restoration projects and other maintenance repairs.
At 10:40, you’ll board the express to Tenterden and detrain at the renowned Rolvenden station for a tour around the heritage railway site. Participants will be guaranteed an unforgettable treat when they experience the arrival of the ex Bodiam from Rolvenden and witness the historic steam train being watered.
After a well-deserved lunch, a tour around the Colonel Stephen's museum is next on the agenda to learn more about the multi-talented engineer’s life. This will be followed by an exhilarating 21-mile round trip on board the 14:20 to add to the finishing touches of your eventful day.
This experience is the perfect recipe for a magnificent day out!
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- There will be up to 5 other enthusiasts with you.
- All dates are subject to availability.