Introductory Steam Train Driving in Yorkshire
- Welcome and safety briefing.
- Introductory steam train driving experience in the heart of Yorkshire for one person
- Supervised by a qualified, capable and respected crew.
- Drive an engine dating back to the 1960s that would have been used by the National Coal Board.
- Experience of an hour's drive in one of these classic full-size heritage steam engines.
- Guests are welcome to watch and take photographs from the side-lines.
What happens on the day?
Introduce yourself to the world of steam with this fantastic hour-long drive aboard one of these classic full-size heritage steam engines. An unmissable opportunity to take to the throttle and experience the raw power of these mighty work-horse engines. A seasoned professional will guide you through firing and driving procedures as you take the controls. Immerse yourself in the scents and sounds of an age being kept alive by enthusiasts.
What else do I need to know?
- This experience is for one person on an introductory steam train driving experience.
- This voucher is valid until 31st October 2017.
- This experience is available Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from April - October only.
- Participants must be reasonably fit and in good health.
- Durable footwear is essential.
- Participants may not consume any alcohol on the day of the experience. Complimentary tea and coffee is provided throughout the experience.
- All dates are subject to availability.
- This voucher cannot be extended.
Where can I do it?
North East: South Yorkshire (Elsecar)