- Experience the golden age of travel with a steam train trip on the Cathedral Express.
- Explore a beautiful cathedral city of your choice.
- Choose from destinations including Chester, Salisbury, Bath, Bristol, Exeter, York, Weymouth, Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Trains depart from London stations, normally early to mid-morning and return the same evening.
- Your day will last around 10-12 hours.
What happens on the day?
Treat yourself to a mesmerising train journey through some of the most beautiful parts of the countryside. Trains depart mostly from London and head to all corners of the country. In a resplendent carriage you can watch the scenery roll by before disembarking to explore the cathedral city of your choice. Popular destinations include York, Canterbury and Bath, and with pick up and drop off points en route, you’re sure to find a trip to match your steam aspirations.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for 1 person.
- As this experience is so popular we advise making your booking early.
- You will be seated at a table for 4 people.
- Since there's limited departures for particular locations, please consider more than one destination when booking.
- Trains depart for different destinations on different days.
- A yearly schedule is available on request.
- Your food is not included but a buffet is available with drinks, snacks and a licensed bar.
- The trains run on the public rail network and so may come across delays.
- Locomotives may vary depending on operational requirements and circumstances.
- Folding wheelchairs can be stored onboard, passengers must be able to walk to their seat, staff will be able to help them.
- You will receive your tickets by post a few days prior to the day of departure.
Where can I do it?
South East: London