Static Line Parachuting Experience
- A fun and informative course held over 2 days.
- Day 1 - Spend the day learning the theory behind parachute jumping. Also there will be physical practice, including how to exit the aircraft.
- Day 2 - The day of the jump! You will be kitted out in full regulation equipment including a radio and taken 3000ft into the air for your first solo jump.
What happens on the day?
Do you have the nerve to jump out of a plane at 3,000ft? There are plenty of thrill seekers around, but not many folk can say that they've taken a parachute jump. This static line parachute jump is a two day course starting with an intensive day’s training supervised by instructors from the British Parachuting Association. Full practical and theoretical training is given to ensure you're ready for the big jump.
Day two is jump day. After getting familiar with the kit it's time to move from classroom to aircraft. As the plane takes off, the adrenaline picks up as you look in anticipation towards the door that is soon to open up on the ultimate adventure. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling as you reach the jump zone with the plane at 3,000 feet. As you edge over, the door opens, the moment arrives and off you go. The parachute opens immediately leaving you the pleasurable task of steering yourself towards the landing zone and getting ready for a graceful landing.
You won't stop smiling after this one and the adrenalin will remain with you for days afterwards. One that everybody should try once in their life!
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Minimum age 16 years (under 18's require a signed letter of consent from a parent/guardian.
- Maximum weight varies between 14.5 stone and 16 stone depending on location. You will be weighed on the day.
- You will be required to complete and sign a 'Declaration of Fitness' to Parachute before training commences (this will be provided when your booking is confirmed). <.li>
- Participants wishing to go to the Nottingham or Cumbria venues will need to pay a compulsory BPA membership fee of approximately £20 on the day of their experience..
- You will be required to complete and sign a 'Declaration of Fitness' to Parachute before training commences (this will be provided when your booking is confirmed).
- Over 50's are not normally accepted for novice training (exceptions apply to anyone with previous experience or very high levels of fitness).
- Approval from a doctor on the Declaration of Fitness to Parachute From is required for the over 40's and those with the following: previous fractures, arthritis, back strain, severe joint sprains, asthma, chronic bronchitis, pneumothorax, rheumatic fever, kidney or liver disease, adrenal, thyroid or other glandular disorder, chronic sinus or ear disease, any condition requiring regular use of drugs, anaemia or recently donated blood.
- Without prior approval from the British Parachute Association's Medical Advisor, anyone sufferieng from the following is excluded: fits, epilepsy, severe head injury, disease of the brain or nervous system, recurrent blackouts or giddiness, heart or lung disease, high blood pressure, dislocation or recurrent weakness of any limb, mental illness, diabetes, alcohol or drug addiction.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Nottinghamshire (Nottingham)
North West: Cumbria (Grange-over-Sands)
- Amazing ExperienceReview by Supersocks, Cumbria