Skid Control, Skid Pan Experience
- Welcome and introductory briefing.
- Jump in the car for some exhilarating skidding.
- You'll drive front and rear wheel drive cars over slippery surfaces and learn to control (and enjoy!) the skid.
- The experience will last approximately 2 hours at the Fife location and 3 hours at the Wiltshire location.
What happens on the day?
In an experience best described as “going round the bend”, you will not only have a fun day’s driving and sliding around corners, but you will also learn invaluable advanced driving skills that will give any boast of being a very good driver some serious gravitas.
The day’s training and experience will teach you how to handle the car at all angles in a multitude of swerve and skid situations. The potentially lifesaving skills are taught by a fully qualified professional instructor at a choice of different track locations.
Your ability as a driver will be tested to the limits as you are forced to display exceptional composure, concentration and control in the process of learning and replicating. Your instructor will teach you how to overcome both over steer and under steer in the simulated loss-of-control driving scenarios, as well as the basics of how to use the throttle and prevent weight transfer.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- You must hold a full UK driving license and be over the age of 17 to take part in this experience.
- Maximum height: 6’4”
- Maximum weight: 18 stone.
Where can I do it?
Scotland: Fife (Dunfermline - Knockhill)
South West: Wiltshire (Chippenham)