Bronze Drifting Experience
- Put a drift-prepared car - the Mazda MK2 MX-5 1.8S, through its paces under the guidance of an experienced professional.
- Begin with a theory classroom session covering the principles of car control and safety briefing.
- Enjoy an introductory course on do-nuts and figure eight drifting.
- Learn how to break traction, balance the car, execute a rolling do-nut, smoke up the rear tyres; learn about weight transfer, transitional drifts, basics of power oversteer and more
- Complete the day as you are let loose on the track for four laps of drifting action!
- This experience will take place on a purpose-built track at Bovingdon airfield
- Minimum driving time 20 minutes.
- Experience lasts for approx 2 hours.
- You can always upgrade to a BMW M3.
What happens on the day?
There’s nothing quite like the tradition of stars of Hollywood films drifting effortlessly round corners in their beautifully pristine car, but try that on the roads of Britain and if you don’t roll your vehicle, you’ll soon have a visit from the police.
But fear not young drifter, there is a way to experience that feeling of complete and utter ‘cool’ with our taster drifting session. Get behind the wheel with a free pass to skid slide and glide your way around the track and see just how exhilarating this sport can be!
You’ll be taught all the tricks of the trade by an experienced instructor including J-turns, sliding and how to use the handbrake all in the comfort of our specially customised Mazda MK2 MX-5 1.8S.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher is valid for 10 months for one person.
- Available Monday - Friday and on Saturday mornings.
- Please note, Saturday morning bookings will incur an additional £39 charge.
- Voucher cannot be used on Bank Holidays.
- Sessions run from 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- Minimum age 17 years.
- Minimum height 5ft, maximum height 6ft 2ins.
- Maximum weight 18 stone.
- A full licence must be shown on the day (no photocopies).
- Participants must be physically fit and have no health conditions which might affect their ability to drive.
- A disclaimer will need to be signed by the driver.
- You must wear suitable flat-soled shoes.
- Experience lasts approximately 2 hours with a minimum of 20 minutes driving time.
- You also have the option to upgrade to a BMW M3 for £39, which is payable to the operator at point of booking your date.
- All dates subject to availability.
Where can I do it?
East: Hertfordshire (Hemel Hempstead)
- Clarkson Eat Your Heart Out.!Review by Baldrick, Essex
Location: Hemel Hempstead
- As a spectator...Review by Georgie, Essex
Location: Hemel Hempstead