Solent Sailing Experience (Weekdays)
- Your day will begin with a welcome drink at the marina.
- Your skipper will give a full safety briefing before leaving.
- Sail along Southampton Water into the Solent.
- You'll have the option to either sit back and relax or get involved in the sailing.
- Lunch will be provided on board.
- Your day will run from 10 am - 4 pm.
What happens on the day?
Welcome aboard, sailor! This great experience will teach you the essentials of sailing as you take to the Solent. Take control as you glide along, or just sit back and watch the world float by, the choice is yours.
During this sea-faring adventure, you will learn to steer a Clipper 60 Taeping, Serica or Mermerus not just with the turning of the rudder, but by learning to follow the currents and the wind direction, harnessing one of the purest natural resources.
This is a full day course with qualified sailing instructors teaching you essential skills aboard the Clipper 60 Taeping, Serica or Mermerus. You will enjoy lunch on board the vessel and will have as much or as little hands on interaction as you wish. From trimming the sails to taking the helm, you will have the chance to develop your skill, stamina and confidence in this exciting sport.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Available selected Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from April to September.
- Min age - 12 years, those aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by a full paying parent or guardian.
- Summer dates need booking at least 4 weeks in advance.
- If the weather conditions are too severe then the experience will be postponed.
- Not suitable for those who suffer from seasickness.
Where can I do it?
South East: Hampshire (Southampton)