Hovercraft Flying for Two
- Safety briefing and instructor demonstration of the basic skills needed.
- Move onto the Hover Track, itinerary varies depending on location:
- At Kent you will take part in a series of races and timed laps
- At Leicestershire take on the obstacle course and take part in a relay race
- At Shropshire fly solo for a number of laps around a challenging 1km track
- Group size is 10-14 people.
- Allow 3-4 hours for this experience.
What happens on the day?
Discover and master a specially adapted hovercraft on this great course. At the Kent and Leicestershire bases, you can discover all of the secrets of these vehicles and find out that there is more to them than constant shuttling to and fro across the channel.
Your experienced instructor will introduce you and your friend to the two-person hovercraft, show you its unique controls and how to obtain the best possible results. Once you've mastered the controls, it's time to step things up a level as you select either the land or water course to put your skills to the test over a series of relay races or pursuit races against other participants.
Break for a snack as you discuss your performance with other competitors, compare experiences and listen and learn from the instructors who are keen to pass on their knowledge and knowhow of these testing vehicles. After your break, swap over to the other surface and compare how the hovercraft handles it, while testing your own driving skills and your ability to adapt to a different discipline.
This great challenging experience will take between three and four hours and is ideal for anyone with an interest in racing, and it will bring out the best in your competitive instincts.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for TWO people.
- Available on selected dates throughout the year (Weekends only at Kent).
- Minimum age is 12 years at Kent and 14 years at Leicestershire and Shropshire.
- Maximum weight 20 stone.
- Be advised, you may reach speeds of up to 40mph at Leicestershire.
- This experience is shared with 10 to 14 other people.
- No previous experience is required.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Leicestershire (Lutterworth)
Midlands: Shropshire (Oswestry)
South East: Kent (Paddock Wood)
- A great experience!!Review by Libbysmum, Worksop, nr Sheffield
- Amazing day, great fun!!Review by befffff, .
- Great time had by allReview by MacBeth, Kent
- Amazing ExperienceReview by Adventure_Junkie, London
- Great TimeReview by jarranev, North East
- Water sports with a differenceReview by Malcom Browne, Gillingham