Hovercraft Flying for One Special Offer
- Safety briefing and instructor demonstration of the basic skills needed.
- Move onto the Hover Track, itinerary varies depending on location:
- At Kent you will take part in a series of races and timed laps
- At Leicestershire take on the obstacle course and take part in a relay race
- At Shropshire fly solo for a number of laps around a challenging 1km track
- Group size is 10-14 people.
- Allow 3-4 hours for this experience.
What happens on the day?
Over land and sea, become a master of the hovercraft. The same principles that 'ferry' travellers back and forth across the channel are applied to this fantastic solo hovercraft, as you enjoy a challenging day.
On arrival, your instructor will show you the controls of the vehicle and once you have a firm grasp of them, it's time to graduate towards the land and water sections where you will enjoy a number of tests as part of a relay or in races against other competitors. Pause for refreshments and compare your experience with others, discussing the course or the vehicle, with instructors on hand throughout to answer questions and pass on their knowledge and experiences.
After your break, it's time to tackle the other discipline as you compare the demands of water with the track, using the same vehicle. As your experience of the hovercraft grows, so does your speed as you get more daring and demanding, pushing the vehicle and your nerve to the limit.
All in all, you can expect to spend between three and four hours on this lively and challenging activity, as you pick up new skills and test yourself in a whole new environment.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for one person.
- Available on selected dates all year round (Weekends only at Kent).
- Minimum age is 12 years at Kent and 14 years at Leicestershire or Shropshire.
- Be advised, craft can reach speeds of up to 40mph at Leicestershire.
- Maximum weight 20 stone.
- This experience will be shared with 10-14 people.
- No previous experience is needed.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Leicestershire (Lutterworth)
Midlands: Shropshire (Oswestry)
South East: Kent (Paddock Wood)
- Hovercraft FlyingReview by Stanway, Reading
- Excellent FunReview by Bigwoody, Hertfordshire, England
- Hovering-tastic :DReview by jimbo, Leicester
- Well organised and good funReview by pauliegirl, Hampshire
- Good funReview by Saucy Ken, East Midlands
- A Really Fun Day OutReview by Top Shed John, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Enthralling Uplifting ExperienceReview by Tonymac, Ramsgate
- Good funReview by Hooked momma, Nottinghamshire