- Equipment overview and introduction to jousting.
- Short riding assessment.
- Practice knightly skills, master the broadsword, plus archery (time allowing).
- Compete in the 'Grand Gauntlet Challenge' mini-joust against the Black Knight.
What happens on the day?
Enter the lists with your very own title and under your own coat of arms for a tournament like no other. Riders and non-riders alike can enter training as a knight, learning to fight on foot and from horseback. You'll wield the lance, broadsword and perhaps even the dreaded English longbow, grip your shield and tilt against a dark foe.
Train using traditional methods in preparation for the Grand Tourney; test your nerve against the spinning Quintaine, strike targets for accuracy and perfect your sword fighting skills. Male or female, experienced rider or novice, tilt in the final joust and earn eternal glory.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Minimum age is 16. Maximum weight is 22 stone.
- Novice and non-riders are welcome but you must have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Please advise upon booking of any disabilities or if you are undergoing any medical treatment.
- Please note, this experience is only available on the following dates: - Friday 25th March - Sunday 10th April - Sunday 15th May - Sunday 12th June - Sunday 10th July - Sunday 25th September - Sunday 9th October.
- Spectators are welcome with arena-side pavilion and viewing gallery seating available but no dogs are allowed on site.
- Lunch is not included but there are amenities nearby.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Warwickshire (Warwick)