- A massive choice of launch sites across the UK.
- Help to inflate the balloon before take off.
- Champagne toasting once back at the site after around an hour in the air.
- Certificate presentation at the end of the flight.
- Please allow 3-4 hours for the entire experience.
What happens on the day?
Take to the skies with that special someone in the Virgin Hot Air Balloon Flight for Two. A trip that is certain to leave you feeling elevated!
This magical experience begins with your registration, and an introduction to hot air ballooning, which is followed by a full pilot briefing. Get stuck in with the inflation of the balloon as you meet your fellow fliers and capture that sparkle in a traditional champagne toast before climbing aboard.
Ascend into the skies, as the balloon takes you up and you gaze at the busy world below you. You will see the world as you have never seen it before as you float along with your loved one. All our balloons are flown by expert fliers, so you can rest assured you’re in safe hands as your sail into the clouds and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience that lasts for an hour. After a soft landing, you and your flight buddy will receive a commemorative flight certificate, signed by no other than Sir Richard Branson.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for 2 people.
- Available from March - October, on weekends and weekdays, morning or afternoon.
- There will be other voucher holders on the flight with you.
- Your ticket number/security code must be brought with you on the day.
- All flight dates and times are subject to availability.
- Please make your booking within 3 months of the purchase date of your voucher.
- Min height - 4'6” tall (1.37m).
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- The pilot will decide duration, direction and landing place on the day, subject to safety/legal requirements.
- Flights may be cancelled without notice because of matters beyond reasonable control.
- You must call the booking line after 11pm on the evening before a morning flight and at 2pm on the afternoon of an evening flight (times subject to change) to confirm that the flight is still going ahead.
- Those suffering from any illness, medical condition or disability should take appropriate medical advice.
- You must not fly if you are pregnant or intoxicated.
Where can I do it?
East: Bedfordshire (Biggleswade)
East: Cambridgeshire (Little Gransden)
East: Cambridgeshire (Longstanton)
East: Cambridgeshire (Peterborough)
East: Essex (Braintree)
East: Essex (Brentwood)
East: Essex (Chelmsford)
East: Essex (Colchester)
East: Hertfordshire (Knebworth Park)
East: Hertfordshire (St Albans)
East: Suffolk (Brome)
East: Suffolk (Elmsett)
East: Suffolk (Ipswich)
East: Suffolk (Stowmarket)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Bakewell)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Belper)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Matlock)
Midlands: Leicestershire (Oakham)
Midlands: Lincolnshire (Bourne)
Midlands: Lincolnshire (Grantham)
Midlands: Shropshire (Shrewsbury)
Midlands: Shropshire (Whitchurch)
Midlands: Shropshire (Woofferton)
Midlands: Staffordshire (Stafford)
Midlands: Warwickshire (Stratford-upon-Avon)
Midlands: Worcestershire (Evesham)
Midlands: Worcestershire (Worcester)
North East: County Durham (Bishops Auckland)
North East: North Yorkshire (Harrogate)
North East: North Yorkshire (Settle)
North East: North Yorkshire (York)
North East: West Yorkshire (Leeds)
North West: Cheshire (Nantwich)
North West: Cumbria (Kirkby Lonsdale)
North West: Cumbria (Ulverston)
North West: Lancashire (Lancaster)
Scotland: Aberdeenshire (Aberdeen)
Scotland: Fife (Falkland)
Scotland: Perthshire (Perth)
South East: Berkshire (Reading)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes)
South East: East Sussex (Crowborough)
South East: East Sussex (Wadhurst)
South East: Hampshire (Alton)
South East: Hampshire (Basingstoke)
South East: Kent (Ashford)
South East: Kent (Maidstone)
South East: Oxfordshire (Henley-on-Thames)
South East: Oxfordshire (Oxford)
South East: Oxfordshire (Wallingford)
South East: Surrey (Guildford)
South East: Surrey (Haslemere)
South West: Avon (Bath)
South West: Avon (Bristol)
South West: Cornwall (Launceston)
South West: Devon (Exeter)
South West: Devon (Honiton)
South West: Devon (Newton Abbot)
South West: Devon (South Brent)
South West: Dorset (Charlton Marshall)
South West: Dorset (Gillingham)
South West: Dorset (Sherbourne)
South West: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham)
South West: Herefordshire (Ledbury)
South West: Herefordshire (Leominster)
South West: Somerset (Chard)
South West: Somerset (Wellington)
South West: Wiltshire (Salisbury)
Wales: Gwent (Abergavenny)
Wales: Gwent (Monmouth)
- Well Worth The WaitReview by Dncpalmer, Tyne and Wear
Location: Kirkby Lonsdale (Posted on March, 2012)