Gliding Discovery Flight
Special Offer - 10% off
Regular Price: £99
Now only: £89
- Your flight will begin with you and your instructor being towed/winched up to heights of around 2000ft.
- You'll be shown how to control the glider and have the option to have a go yourself!
- Flight lasts 15-30 minutes, depending on weather conditions.
- The glider is dual-controlled.
- At Warwickshire the glider used is self launching.
What happens on the day?
Gliding is a simple activity but a pleasurable one; there’s no engine noise to disturb you and the lightweight craft is incredibly fast and agile. You’ll receive a flight and safety briefing before the glider is towed by a powered aircraft or winch up to 2000 feet, then released. The instructor will show you how it’s flown before offering the controls up to you.
The views are phenomenal, though of course gliding is dictated by weather conditions so you could be in the air from 15 minutes to half an hour. Once you've experienced the grace and peacefulness of glider flight, a normal plane just won’t compare.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months for one person.
- Adverse weather conditions may result in the flight being cancelled, all participants are advised to contact the venue on the morning of the flight to confirm it is going ahead.
- Minimum age 14 and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum height 4'6" and maximum height 6'3", maximum weight 15 stone.
- Oxfordshire has a converted glider and so can accommodate the physically disabled.
- The experience at North Devon Flying Club lasts 15-20 minutes.
- Spectators welcome.
Where can I do it?
East: Essex (Colchester)
East: Norfolk (Diss)
Midlands: Northamptonshire (Nr Hinton in the Hedges)
South East: Oxfordshire (Banbury)
South West: Devon (Umberleigh - Eaglescott Airfield)
Wales: Clwyd (Nr Denbigh)
Wales: Powys (Brecon)
- Great Gliding!Review by Matt-Puddington, Somerset
- Brilliant giftReview by Jack and Jill, East midlands
- We have lift off!Review by Nolly, Colchester
- So relaxing with amazing viewsReview by Richard Thomas, Reading