60 Minute Flying Lesson (UK Wide)
Regular Price: £199
Now only: £185
- Lesson on the principles of light aircraft flying.
- Explaination of cockpit and controls.
- 60 minutes spent in the air.
- Chance to pilot the aircraft yourself.
- Option to sit back, relax and watch the world go by.
- Facilities vary depending on location.
- No previous experience required.
- Family and friends are welcome to come along and use the clubhouse for food and drinks.
What happens on the day?
Many can only dream about flying a plane freely through the clear skies, under complete control, but Experience Mad are giving you the opportunity to indulge your flying fantasies with an exhilarating 60 Minute Extended Flying Lesson.
The 60 Minute Extended Flying Lesson Experience is run at a whole wealth of locations across the country, which means wherever you are, you're bound to find a place which is convenient to you.
When you arrive at the aerodrome of your selected destination, you'll be given a quick tutorial on light aircraft flying, and shortly after, you'll be taken to the aircraft and familiarised with the cockpit controls; this is so you're prepared for when you're up in the air!
After this, you are taken high into the skies for an hour's aeroplane lesson, where you'll be taught all there is to know about flying a light aircraft, and if your instructor feels you’re ready, you'll even be able to take to the controls yourself; a chance of a lifetime.
This experience day treats you to 60 minutes of pure exhilaration and gives you the chance to experience something many of us will never even get close to.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher is valid for 10 months.
- Min age - 12 years (consent needed if under 18, also parent will need to be there on the day).
- Min age - 14 years at Northamptonshire.
- At Shoreham under 16's will be charged a £50 upgrade fee as they will need an adult with them.
- Max weight - 16 stone, Max height - 6'4" (bigger plane available for extra fee if over weight/height restriction, please inform when booking date).
- Weather conditions must be good, if not then flight will be rescheduled.
- At the Chipping Norton location you will fly a powered glider.
- Friends and family welcome to watch.
- You will need to become a member (free of charge) on the day to be covered by insurance.
Where can I do it?
East: Bedfordshire (Henlow)
East: Cambridgeshire (Connington - Peterborough Airfield)
East: Essex (Romford - Damyns Hall)
Midlands: Northamptonshire (Turweston Aerodrome)
Midlands: Nottinghamshire (Nottingham)
Midlands: Staffordshire (Burton-on-Trent)
Midlands: Warwickshire (Coventry)
North East: East Yorkshire (Beverley Airfield)
North East: Northumberland (Felton)
North East: South Yorkshire (Doncaster - Robin Hood Airfield)
North West: Cumbria (Carlisle)
North West: Merseyside (Liverpool)
Scotland: Lanarkshire (Cumbernauld)
South East: Buckinghamshire (Marlow)
South East: Oxfordshire (Chipping Norton)
South East: West Sussex (Shoreham)
South West: Avon (Bristol)
South West: Devon (Umberleigh - Eaglescott Airfield)
South West: Gloucestershire (Cheltenham)
Wales: South Glamorgan (Cardiff)
- Great gift experience for my Sons 16th birthdayReview by Andy Pick, Blackwood, South Wales
- Birthday flightReview by Raymond Hyde, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Location: Robin Hood Airport.
- He Who Dares Wins.....Review by Trapper Jim, Newcastle
- Absolutely amazing experienceReview by Didi, Brussels, Belgium
- I believe I can flyReview by Carol, Essex
Location: Stapleford Abbots
- What an Experience !!!!!Review by Mickjack.dick., Doncaster
- Flying FantasticReview by Dreadnought,
- Flight over BlackpoolReview by Stitch, Liverpool
- Loved itReview by Jack Campbell, Blackpool
Write Your Own Review
- We wish to give our Grandson a voucher for a flying experience for his eighteenth birthday. Would his family be able to come along and watch the take off and landing etc. Are there facilities for visitors?
- Spectators are welcome at all locations; the facilities will vary at each venue but most do have a clubhouse serving refreshments and a viewing area.
- I'm looking to book the above for my mums 40th birthday. Is it ok that she has never done this before? Also do I have to choose a place that she will do it or can she choose when she books?
- All the flying lessons offered are perfect for those who have never flown before; the instructors will teach them the basics of flying and will let them take over the controls if they feel confident enough. Once the voucher has been received in the post, your mum is free to choose her location and book a date.