Hawk Walk in Derbyshire
- During your walk you will have the chance to learn how to handle and fly a magnificent bird of prey.
- The bird flown will be a Harris Hawk.
- Please allow 1 hour for your experience.
What happens on the day?
The Hawk Walk Experience starts as soon as you arrive and meet your bird expert, who will welcome you and brief you on the upcoming events. Shortly after you'll be introduced the beautiful, magnificent Harris Hawk and this is your time to ask any questions you may have about this gracious bird. Then you'll begin your walk around the reserve, viewing hawks and stunning birds as you go.
During the walk you'll get the chance to learn how to handle and fly one of these birds to your gloved hand. This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity, as you begin to get used to flying such a spectacular hawk. You will leave this experience day full of new knowledge about these beautiful creatures and with memories to last a lifetime.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Min age - 7 years.
- Under 16s will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Spectators are welcome for an extra £10 charge.
- All equipment will be provided.
- Please bring a pair of boots and wear suitable outdoor clothing for the time of year.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: Derbyshire (Risley)