Full Day Bird of Prey Experience (UK Wide)
- Learn about the birds you will be flying and what to expect from your day during a tour of the bird of prey centre (not available at all locations).
- Your instructor will show you how to handle the birds and how to call them to your fist.
- You will have plenty of hands on experience during this full day experience.
- Expect the entire experience to last between 5 and 7 hours.
What happens on the day?
Spend a fascinating day studying a number of birds of prey close up and gain a great insight into the world of falconry. On arrival at the centre, you'll be introduced to the trainers and get a feel for the different types of birds and their unique characteristics. All equipment will be provided and all you need to do is come prepared in wellingtons and outdoor clothes suitable for the time of year.
Under the guidance of our trainers you'll get up close with these magnificent birds, something not many people get to do. During your day-long visit you will have plenty of opportunities to fly some of the birds to and from your fist, as well as being able to take pictures to provide powerful reminders of a great day out. You'll be able to watch the birds instinctively soar into the sky and just as quickly pounce when they eye up their prey.
Over the six or seven hours at the centre, you'll discover so much about these wonderful birds and will come away from the day with a new found respect for all things great and small!
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Minimum age - 10 - 16 years (depending on location).
- At Derbyshire those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (£10 fee).
- Available October - March at North Yorkshire.
- The birds flown will vary depending on the time of year.
- Lunch is included at Cheshire, Kent, North Yorkshire, Perthshire and West Sussex.
- At the Fife you will receive £10 towards your meal at a local bistro.
- At Perthshire you will see the birds in their natural surroundings instead of a tour.
- At Kent there is no guided tour but you can see the facilities yourself.
- Dogs are not permitted at some locations.
Where can I do it?
East: Bedfordshire (Biggleswade)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Risley)
Midlands: West Midlands (Stourbridge)
North East: North Yorkshire (Ripon)
North East: North Yorkshire (Skipton)
North West: Cheshire (Knutsford)
Scotland: Fife (Comrie)
Scotland: Fife (Kirkcaldy)
South East: Kent (Eynsford)
South East: West Sussex (Chichester)
- What an undiscovered delight.Review by David Collier, York
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £49
Now only: £24.5