Falconry Experience West Midlands
- A warm drink will waiting for you on arrival.
- Enjoy a tour and introduction to the birds.
- Spend time handling the bird of prey and learning to fly them to the fist.
- Please allow around 3 hours
What happens on the day?
Birds of Prey are often elusive creatures, and if you’re not a birdwatcher, you will almost never see one in the urban landscape of towns and cities. This is your chance to get close to these awe inspiring birds, with an experience suitable for families.
The Falconry Centre has been running for 21 years. With their experienced staff on hand to share their knowledge, you have the chance to interact with a variety of birds which may include the Eagle Owl, Harris Hawk, Buzzard and Barn Owl (a particular favourite of children).
During this falconry session you will be taught how the birds fly, hunt and kill, as well as given the chance to glove up and receive one for a landing. The falconer on hand will explain about their habitats and feeding habits, as well as breeding and their vulnerability due to poachers.
This experience is a great introduction to the thrilling world of falconry and is something that you and your family will never forget. Your day starts with a tour of the centre, with tea and coffee provided. Cameras are allowed but please check with regards flash usage. You will be at the centre for approximately three hours in total.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Minimum age 12 years.
- The species of birds flown will depend on the time of year.
- It is advised to bring wellington boots and wear suitable outdoor clothing for the time of year.
Where can I do it?
Midlands: West Midlands (Stourbridge)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £49
Now only: £24.5