- Enjoy a tour of your chosen venue (depending on location).
- Learn about the birds with an informative talk by your instructor.
- Learn the basics of bird handling and how to fly them to the fist.
- Your day will last around 2-3 hours.
What happens on the day?
Falconry has been perfected over centuries, allowing man and bird to hunt together in perfect harmony. Learn this ancient craft at any of 14 locations across the UK; don the gauntlet and stare into those fierce yellow eyes. A knowledgeable guide will show you around the centre and introduce you to a variety of birds, their capabilities and natural history. You’ll have the opportunity to fly some of the birds from your fist in true falconer style, encouraging them to soar, pounce and mantle.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months.
- Minimum age 10 to 16 years (depending on location).
- At Derbyshire under 16s must be accompanied by an adult, for a spectator fee of £10.
- Group size will vary depending on the venue.
- The Perthshire and Kent venues do not include a guided tour of their centres, but access is provided.
- The species of birds flown will vary depending on the time of year.
- Spectators are welcome (max of one spectator at Cornwall; £35 per spectator at Yorkshire; at Chichester guests can accompany participants for £40; max of one spectator at Kent and Dorset where they must be over 14 years and cost is £20).
- Dogs are not permitted at some locations.
- The Biggar location only accepts bookings between 1st April to 31st October inclusive.
Where can I do it?
East: Bedfordshire (Biggleswade)
Midlands: Derbyshire (Risley)
Midlands: Warwickshire (Sutton Cheney)
Midlands: West Midlands (Stourbridge)
North East: North Yorkshire (Ripon)
North East: North Yorkshire (Skipton)
North West: Cheshire (Knutsford)
Scotland: Fife (Comrie)
Scotland: Fife (Kirkcaldy)
Scotland: Lanarkshire (Biggar)
South East: Hampshire (Andover)
South East: Kent (Eynsford)
South East: West Sussex (Chichester)
South West: Dorset (Marshwood)
- Hawking GoodReview by battryman, St. Albans
- An experience to rememberReview by BrianD, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
- A fabulous day out! Everyone should tryReview by Minxy-Moo, London
- Falconry and Birds of Prey at their bestReview by Horsetay, Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Fantastic GiftReview by Adey, Leicester
- My Thanks To Joe - What A Great DayReview by Robert Seaston, Chesterfield
- The best birthday present yetReview by Neville Bridle, Steyning, West Sussex
Location: Eagle Hights
- Breathtaking day!Review by Mark, Daventry
- Wish I had done this years agoReview by Dorothy Wilkes, Guildford
- Already rebooked!Review by Gail Lees, Coventry
Location: West Midlands Stourbridge
- Do it.Review by Chris Wilkinson, Islington, London
- Cracking day.Review by Joe Gibbons, Darlington
- MagnificentReview by Maurice St John Travers, Knutsford, Cheshire
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Write Your Own Review
- Is this activity done on a one to one basis with a trainer or is it with a group of people?
- Generally the bird of prey days are held as part of a small group, they are not run on a one to one basis.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £49
Now only: £25