Keeper for a Day at London Zoo
- Be a zoo keeper for the day.
- Prepare food and feed the animals.
- Help to clean out their enclosures.
- Arrange activities for the animals to keep them stimulated.
- Meet a variety of animals like meerkats, big cats, giraffes and penguins.
- Experience runs 8:45 am to 3:45 pm.
- Lunch and refreshments are included.
- Also included is a t-shirt, a bag for life, a certificate, free car parking and a 20% discount on entry tickets for spectators.
What happens on the day?
Gain a unique insight into life behind the scenes at London Zoo. Nothing is spared as you join a variety of tasks from feeding penguins to cleaning out the giraffes, you'll enjoy an amazing day, that will open your eyes to all the work that goes on behind the scenes at this popular tourist attraction.
After a safety briefing that explains the dos and don'ts of the job, it's time to put on your overalls and get on with the job. Learn how to prepare food and feed the animals, join in with their various activities and don't forget the mucking out, which is as essential as mealtimes. Every animal and every job has different demands, you'll soon learn that no two days at the zoo are the same.
With a welcome break for lunch, you can return to action, gaining in confidence and understanding the dozens of behind the scenes jobs that keeps the zoo functioning smoothly. As the clock ticks towards 15:45 and the end of your shift, you'll have enjoyed a satisfying and educational insight into what really keeps London Zoo functioning.
What else do I need to know?
- Your voucher is valid for 10 months for one person.
- This experience runs from 8:45am - 3:45pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- You will be in a group of up to five people.
- Minimum age is 16 years.
- Participants should wear practical, hard-wearing clothes suitable for the outdoors.
- Morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch, a t-shirt, bag for life, free car parking plus 20% discount on entry tickets for spectators is also included with this experience.
- Sturdy shoes or boots should be worn that are suitable for wearing in mud.
- This experience is not available to pregnant women or those who have given birth within the last six months.
- All dates are subject to availability.
Where can I do it?
South East: London (Regents Park - London Zoo)
Write Your Own Review
- What is the minimum age?
- The minimum age for this experience is 16 years.