- Be a zoo keeper for the day.
- Prepare food and feed the animals.
- Help to clean out their enclosures.
- Arrange activities for the animals to keep them stimulated.
- Meet a variety of animals like meerkats, big cats, giraffes and penguins.
- Experience runs 8:45 am to 3:45 pm.
- Lunch and refreshments are included.
- Also included is a t-shirt, a bag for life, a certificate, free car parking and a 20% discount on entry tickets for spectators.
What happens on the day?
Gain a unique insight into life behind the scenes at London Zoo. Nothing is spared as you join a variety of tasks from feeding penguins to cleaning out the giraffes, you'll enjoy an amazing day, that will open your eyes to all the work that goes on behind the scenes at this popular tourist attraction.
After a safety briefing that explains the dos and don'ts of the job, it's time to put on your overalls and get on with the job. Learn how to prepare food and feed the animals, join in with their various activities and don't forget the mucking out, which is as essential as mealtimes. Every animal and every job has different demands, you'll soon learn that no two days at the zoo are the same.
With a welcome break for lunch, you can return to action, gaining in confidence and understanding the dozens of behind the scenes jobs that keeps the zoo functioning smoothly. As the clock ticks towards 15:45 and the end of your shift, you'll have enjoyed a satisfying and educational insight into what really keeps London Zoo functioning.
What else do I need to know?
- Voucher valid for 10 months, for 1 person.
- Experience runs on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Participants will be in a group of up to 5 people.
- Minimum age 16 years.
- Participants should wear practical clothes suitable for the outdoors.
- Sturdy boots should be worn suitable for muddy conditions.
- Not suitable for those that are pregnant or who have given birth within the the previous 6 months.
Where can I do it?
South East: London (Regents Park - London Zoo)
Write Your Own Review
- What is the minimum age?
- The minimum age for this experience is 16 years.